Dexter’s Inn is a special country resort-inn, blessed with an idyllic setting on a 20-acre estate, in the lovely and unhurried Lake Sunapee region. Our hilltop location, which features panoramic views of Mount Kearsarge, Mount Sunapee and the surrounding countryside, provides a private, peaceful and relaxing backdrop for your visit. In addition to our beautiful location, we are known for our many on-site amenities that include:
- Two tennis courts
- Heated in-ground swimming pool (open early May to early October)
- Volleyball, badminton, horseshoes, shuffleboard, croquet and bocce
- Recreation room featuring billiards, ping-pong, air hockey, foosball, playing cards and darts
- Kids’ play room featuring videos, games, puzzles, stuffed animals, books and coloring books
- A full-service commercial cross-country ski & snowshoe center operated by Norsk
- A living room featuring a fireplace and a library of books, magazines and newspapers
- A large family room featuring comfortable chairs, a fireplace, and numeours tables for games and/or crafts
- Free wireless internet access
- 20 acres of Dexter’s land and hundreds of acres of adjoining conservation land that can be used for walking, hiking, cross-country skiing, and snowshoeing
In addition to these on-site activities, we are only minutes from the Mount Sunapee downhill ski area, three golf courses and Lake Sunapee, which offers fishing, boating and swimming. Shopping and cultural activities are also available nearby. And, we are conveniently located just 100 miles from Boston, 30 miles from Dartmouth College and 10 miles from Colby-Sawyer College.
Our ability to provide overnight accommodations, meals, numerous indoor & outdoor gathering spaces, and on-site activities in one private, convenient, idyllic location makes Dexter’s Inn a popular location for group activities such as weddings, family reunions, business meetings, craft workshops, church retreats, company outings, and sports camps. We also host many private parties such as bridal showers, baby showers, special dinners, and holiday parties. As such, Dexter’s is often viewed as a mini-conference center & resort with the old-fashioned charm & hospitality of a bed & breakfast. Additional information on weddings, reunions, meetings, and special events can be found on separate pages of this website.
All of our guest rooms are warm, welcoming and comfortable. Each guest room has a private bathroom and each is unique in size and decoration. Further descriptions of our accommodations along with price & policy information can be found on the “Accommodations” page.
Children of all ages are welcome at Dexter’s Inn with the understanding that the parents are responsible for their children’s behavior at all times. With sufficient advance notice, babysitting can be arranged.
Pets are welcome at Dexter’s Inn in some rooms by special advance arrangement with the understanding that the owners are responsible for their pet’s behavior at all times and are responsible for any damages that occur.